Wednesday, July 22, 2009

Addendum to yesterday's post

My friend Karen, who also came from Toronto, made an interesting comment -- but despite her many years of education, she still can't seem to work my Comments box, so I am posting a piece of her response here. (okay, I know that for whatever technological reason beyond my comprehension, the Comments box is inconsistent at best.) Here's what Karen (now from Modiin) added:

But I do think you are wrong in one way. I DO think there are still Jews there, who do not realize how much better they would be here (us for all those years BEFORE we came). I don't know about you... but we have imaginary lists every time we go back of a) people who should NEVER move here b) people who could get along here, but we understand what is keeping them there... even if it is only a flimsy excuse and c) people who don't realize how well suited they are for this country and how ill suited they are for that one and should really just get on the next plane.

2 comments:

  1. I know not everyone will agree wth me but I'm glad that not every Jew lives here. Although not all Jews support Israel loudly or publicly enough, there are still plenty of Jews across the globe who work tirelessly to ensure Israel's future growth, security and prosperity. I wish we could see the value in each other's existence instead of the constant one upmanship with each side trying to prove why they are better. On a lighter note, isn't the traffic here already bad enough!

    Thanks for continuing to post!

    Onnie

    ReplyDelete