Monday, March 9, 2009

Oh, you have a blog?

I have a master's degree in public communications, which as far as I can tell is pretty much the same as mass communications. I got it a long, long time ago and now I can't remember if what I know about public communications has anything to do with my twenty odd years of experience or what I learned in school all those years ago.

I can just see my old classmates Libby and Beth reading this and rolling they eyes. They have way too much unnecessary peripheral information to answer that question fairly.

This is one of those moments where I am almost glad that my father isn't here to read this. The last thing he would have wanted to consider after spending all that money to educate me, was that I might not have actually learned anything. Dad, wherever you are, don't worry. See, I have a blog. (yes, I know from your perspective it is about a $100,000 blog, but let's not get into the numbers.)

When people hear that I have a blog they immediately start imagining that I have a flock of followers in the 50,000 bodies range. Ha, I wish. But I am starting to think that maybe I should tell them that, in fact, I do ... and then I am going to charge them each $10,000 for a one-time mention on my blog. $20,000 if they want me to recommend them. At that rate I could re-coup my father's money in no time!

However, before I change my operating procedures, I am going to give away one freebie!!! My friend Dr. Jeffrey Brooks is a gastroenterologist. He recently opened a private practice in the Herzlia Medical Center. I like the Medical Center. It is a very civilized sort of place to be sick as opposed to the hospitals for the masses. That said, thanks to Israel's socialized medical system, I spend most of my hospital time (which fortunately isn't much) in public hospitals.

But we are talking about Dr. Brooks here. I have never needed a gastroenterologist but if I did, then I would go immediately to him. He has a nice smile, he responds "amen" when I say my mourner's prayer in synagogue every day (not all men will do that, so I am appreciative) and he took his wife to Paris for her 50th birthday. What's not to like?

Most Jews need a gastroenterologist. At least the Jews of Eastern European descent do. Pretty much every one of us has some gastro problem or another. For example, Askenazi (Eastern European) Jews are the poster children for Irritable Bowel Syndrome. And that is just the beginning of our stomach issues. But if you want to know more about this from a medical perspective, then you will have to call Dr. Brooks at the HMC. It's worth it just to drop by and visit him so you can go to the beach when you are finished your appointment because it is directly across the street. And what a beach it is. Better than Sarasota or Cuba.

So that is it for my free referrals. And if you read this please ask as many of your own 50,000 odd friends to please read it as well. And then ask them if they could please become my loyal followers. I can't make the big bucks without them.

No comments:

Post a Comment