Saturday, July 31, 2010

Call me in November

Fact: I am 49 years old.

Fact: Today, for the second day in a row, it was 38 degrees Celcius outside -- with 90 odd percent humidity and virtually no wind.

Fact: I am no longer capable of standing still and not sweating profusely.

Fact: I am too old for this hell.

Observation: If I could find a way to avoid the outdoors, I would stay inside 100% of the time until November.

Fact: I am not joking.

Reality check: My husband doesn't understand my problem and is planning a big hike for a week from now.

Wishful thinking: I am trying to figure out how to catch a communicable disease before next week's hike from hell.

Unfortunate realization: the wishful thinking isn't going that well.

Even more unfortunate realization: a plane ticket to the South Pole would solve my problem .... but might create a new problem.

Bottom line: Wake me up when November comes (apologies to Green Day)

2 comments:

  1. 38?? Is that all? It hit 44 degrees in Nicosia, Cyprus today! Luckily I am in Halifax, where the daytime high was a mere 22!

    I fully sympathize with you Kendall. I HATE summers in Cyprus! This is part of the reason I escape to Canada every couple of years...

    Photos.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I do not even comprehend 44 in this context. Stay safely in Halifax .... for a while. I'll call you when it cools down.

    ReplyDelete