Sunday, August 2, 2009

Homemade Ice Cream in Your Own Kitchen

What could possibly be better than ice cream everyday? Not much. Well, until you have eaten your 20th batch in a few weeks.

I'm exaggerating a bit but not much. My daughter Yael learned to make ice cream at summer camp and now she is ready to whip up a batch at the first sign of encouragement. And a sign of encouragement for her is what most people who call basic acknowledgment. "I like ice cream," or "ice cream is great on hot days," are two examples of what she considers the go-ahead and whip up a new batch of ice cream.

So far we have had oreo cookie ice cream, chocolate coconut, chocolate mint (twice), plain chocolate and chocolate peanut butter. And considering how easy this ice cream recipe is, it tastes pretty good. It isn't Haagen Dazs or Ben and Jerry's but hey, they all have big factories and major capital expenditures. We just have a handblender, ingredients and freezer containers.

The one thing that did scare me the other day is that Yael is now apparently feeling a little cramped sharing the kitchen with me -- the kitchen proprietress. So, while she was busy the other day whipping up a batch of ice cream, she said to me: "It would be much better if I could have my own kitchen and you could have yours."

That said, I hope she puts a suitable mark-up on her new product when she goes to market. She is going to need it for her new kitchen digs.

Oh, and if you need the recipe, let me know!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment