Tuesday, July 8, 2014

What next? Strangling newborns?

Never, in a million years, did I think I would be writing this post.

In my wildest nightmares, I have never -- not for even a split second -- imagined that there were Jews who could murder innocent children in cold blood. My first reaction when I heard that 16-year-old Abu Khdeir had been murdered by Jews was that it must have been a mistake that would soon be uncovered; that in fact, it was some Arabs who wanted to make it look like Jews had done it. But frankly, I was sure that within a few days the Israel Police would expose the TRUTH. I really believed that. I even voiced that sentiment out loud in the past few days, since this second, horrific crime took place. My personal conviction was that Jews simply don't behave that way; they aren't wired that way!

Apparently I am as misguided as my long-dead paternal grandmother who believed that there was no need for jails in Israel (this was in the 1970s) because Jews didn't commit crimes. When she said that, 30 odd years ago, I thought it sounded suspicious and I chalked it up to her inflated, idealistic Russian-Polish-Jewish view of The Land of Milk and Honey.

Now I am forced to admit that I am as dupe-able as she was.

The problem is that I don't think I am alone. I have spoken to several people who are just walking around gobsmacked. They were barely coming to terms with the deaths of the three kidnapped boys when they were suddenly faced with reconciling themselves with the news that six Jewish young men (I use the term "men" loosely) decided they would take a national crisis in hand and personally mete out justice to the Arab population. They believed themselves to be sufficiently qualified to make decisions on who deserves to live and who deserves to die. Of course, they didn't have the guts to go after the real Hamas culprits; no, they went and picked on two innocent children who were younger and weaker than they were -- one was luckier than the other. Very impressive.

And in doing so, they have managed to kick an already precarious tinderbox off its shaky legs. Wow, I can't imagine what kind of egos were at work whereby they decided they were suitably qualified to guide Middle East detente. The truth, as well know now, is that they didn't decide anything -- they weren't smart enough. They behaved with animal instincts, which is exactly what animals do. Just a bunch of pathetic yahoos out to appease their basest instincts.

The most recent news report I read, I think in the London Telegraph, says that Israeli authorities have stated that they are going to send the whole evil crew off for psychological testing.

What for? They are seriously disturbed human beings with limitless delusions of grandeur (sheesh, I can diagnose them from here and I only took Intro to Psych). The only way to communicate with the likes of them -- and any other total idiots considering a repeat performance -- is to treat them exactly as Israelis expect the police to treat the Hamas scum who killed the teenage Israeli hitch-hikers the week before.

They are all rabid animals. And they all deserve to be put down like rabid animals.

I am ashamed to be a member of the same tribe.


No comments:

Post a Comment