Thursday, December 24, 2009

The more things change, the more they stay the same



A few years ago I would have insisted that this picture was directed at North American Jews but now, after a few years in Israel, I realize that all Jewish parents are the same. The only difference here is the focus of Jewish parents' attention. Instead of it being their children's education and careers, it is their senior army officers. Word has it that every parent who has a child in the army has the number of that child's commanding officer on his or her speed dial.

Normally this photograph would make me laugh, but I also have one of those parents.

Thanks for sending me the photo Karen.

1 comment:

  1. My eldest went in the army 8 years ago (he's still there). My fourth and youngest is now in the army. I have NEVER even had a CO's number in my phone, let alone on speed dial

    ReplyDelete